Thursday, September 08, 2005

More about the affects of the accident

It is difficult to describe to people about hitting your head. Ok they call it brain damage. I can tell there is something not right. I used to think there is nothing that I can't do. Now I feel the limitations. I have a overwelming feeling of dread, worry, and confustion that is hard to share with people even my own lover. Anti-deprestion pills help. He's been Great, he has taken good care of me, and he was the one who has suffered right after the accident, because I was unconcious. He had to see me in the hospital, wonder if I was going to live? what to do next? Then deal with me when I was released. I was out of my head, I didn't know anything, and I would say crazy things. I was told some of what I said and what I thought......... bazaar. On one phone conversation with my partner, when I was still in the the rehabillitation home, I told him that he HAD to come get me, because they were parading us around like trained chickens! Another time I saw him through a window, talking to a woman , they looked like they had known each other, I didn't know her. Then I thought , am I seeing things, so I made sure that I did, in fact see this. I walked outside and there was no one there, just him. Two days later he took me back to the rehabillitation home to see if I remembered it ( I did, but just parts), and when we went to leave we were walking through the lobby, he saw the restroom and said he needed to use it. I said that I would sit in a chair there and wait, I would be fine. While I was sitting, my head started playing with me. Maybe he was not in the restroom, Maybe I was still there, checked in. I remembered two days before. I panicked, I ran into the restroom, he was drying his hands. He asked what's wrong? I tolded him. How could these things be going on in my head? and there is more, I can't even say. What is happening? If someone would tell me about these stories before my accident, I don't know that I would understand or could imagin this kind of stuff happening, it's crazy. I am now more sencitive to others. this is good, we all should be. I didn't think that I was not. The brain is an amazing organ. I know that I will still need to heal. Doctors have told me it takes time, but I think comming home has spead up the healing. I do feel much better, and I can tell there still is something up. People say that I am acting more normal, if that's good?
The kids (dogs) have been great. Do they know? Some how they seem to. What would I have done without my family? Thank you! I love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Wow! - you are off to a good start - I love you and am glad you are expressing yourself - it is a little bit easier (I think) to share in a blog because you have no one interrupting you - at times you might feel a bit lonely - because your not seeing a face - but maybe then I can tell when to pick up a phone and call you - Bobo

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home