Friday, April 22, 2011

Our house, 1st of the Series

This is how our house first looked when we bought it in 2003 and before I totally changed it.

One night I sat down with a bottle of wine and came up with this design for the new room and garage. It's based on the Eichler design of the house, in which all the rooms have an angle in each room that shows this slight sloping in the ceiling line. I used this gradual angle in almost everything.
I ripped off this porch,
poured a foundation and built the new room seen below.

Before that room,
I built this garage, because our trucks were being invaded by pack rats in the carport. I had worked for a Landscape Architect doing all his construction jobs, but I had never built a building, until this garage. Then decided to bite off the room on the front. After all this was done, we walled it in. The only thing I didn't do on these projects, was build the fencing walls, to keep the snakes out. I hired a guy and his crew that did a great job! Before, it was all exposed, so snakes could come right up to the house. And they did!


Here is the view out front. I have so many more pictures of all the crap I've done since we moved here, if you want to see more, keep looking. More to come. It's pretty exciting how this old and dumpy ranch house became a really cool home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home