Friday, September 09, 2005

I guess I am not quite done.

Then there was the eye problem. That is another ordeal. I had double vision for awhile.
When I would tell people, often the response would be....... "you mean you see two of me"? Well it wasn't THAT bad. Each eye saw things at different angles, at a slant. 4th nerve damage I was told. Horizontal lines were the worse, door frames, pictures on the wall, reading. I had to wear an eyepatch, which I hated. One time in a store, a little girl said, "I have never seen a pirate before". I got a lot of double takes out in public. It was easier just to close one eye when I needed to see something more clearly. The doctor said it could take a year to clear up, and if it didn't it probably won't ever. Great!
Well Rusty my partner, surprised me with a trip to San Francisco. Our hometown. I would get to see my friends and my mother. He got us a room at the Hyatt Regency, right at the start of Market street. WOW. Actualy we have stayed there before, and the room we had before, turned out to have been exactly one floor below us. Here at home in Tuscon we don't have that many horizontal lines. We live out in the desert, with mountains in the horizon, but in downtown San Francisco there are nothing but horizontal lines. The different floors of the building right out our balcony, the Bay Bridge, all the buildings!, everywhere. I thought I would go mad. Rusty is a sweetheart, he apologized as if it was his fault. "I never thought of this, I'm so sorry." I told him to knock it off. I was just thrilled he did this in the first place. This trip is just what I needed. He warned me at every curb, stair, any step what-so-ever. He was watching me like I was an old lady, and I was greatful like you wouldn't believe. It was a little scary, all the activity of the city, we're pretty left alone at our house, the neighbors are noy very close.
I do credit San Francisco with starting the healing of my vision, looking out on that balcony each day focusing on the sites ( horoztal lines ), being in my city, with my man. Thats healing! The conditions were right! I started noticing my vision reparing towards the end of our trip.
As the days went on it got better and better. At home in Tucson, my doctor tested me and confirmed it. When I gave the credit to San Francisco he said I don't think so; but I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

:) ahh - Your bringing tears to my eyes...

Rusty & Rocko - Very cute names - I miss you guys - I'll have to come back soon... Im glad your blogging... Give a big Kiss to Rusty for me and the kids as well

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home