Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MY HUSBAND IS ON HIS WAY HOME


Rusty is flying home to Tucson tonight. He has been in, where else, Europe. Every year he and his friend Mark go to their favorite place, (coffee shop Nameless ) Amsterdam The Netherlands. It is a really great city and I enjoy it too, but this year our kids are just too frail to leave them in the care of our dog sitter George. Rocko and his sister Sophia are 12 1/2 years old and showing their age. When they came to live with us we were told that dogs this size would grow to be 8 to 10 years old. So Rusty and I are fortunate to have shared their lives with them to this age. They're not suffering but they are slowing down and they have been our bestest friends that I could not separate myself when I may not have much time left to be with them. To leave them right now would be too stressful on both them and me. Unlike me, Rusty loves to travel very much, so I told him to go along and have fun. Our friend Mark and him love Amsterdam, and they both talk about it all year, so Mark's husband Stan and I just step aside and they're off. I do wonder what silly gift I will get this time. Last year I got fuzzy slippers in the shape of wooden shoes, bright yellow no less!

4 Comments:

Blogger BearTrekker said...

You're a kind and generous husband. We have a golden retriever who's a little too old and frail to travel or be left alone too.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Rocko said...

They are my world and I thank them everyday that they spend their lives with me, for they have given me so much I can't begin to say. My family is what they are.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Rocko said...

They are my world and I thank them everyday that they spend their lives with me, for they have given me so much I can't begin to say. My family is what they are.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Rocko said...

I don't know why that published twice?

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home