Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Kitchen, 3rd in the Series

This picture is after I gutted the kitchen and am redoing it. This first picture is where the sink goes in the kitchen. The exterior walls are Adobe block so we attached furring to them so as to apply the dry wall to it. Only here did we install dry wall on the interior walls of the Adobe. We re-plumbed and upgraded the electrical for a modern kitchen.

I designed the lay out for the counters including an island after many tries at arranging. I really like the final lay out and decide to go ahead. The counters are in and this picture is shortly after the concrete counters tops are poured, I didn't pour them, I don't really like doing concrete myself. I leave it to the professionals. They're covered with paper for a couple of days to cure and the paper is the same color as the concrete, just a coincidence. That copper pipe next to the post on the left brings the gas and electricity to the island which houses the stove. One of my better ideas if I say so myself. I love copper!

These were two rooms (tiny kitchen and a small breakfast room) that I made into one bigger kitchen. Notice the dishwasher drawers in both pictures to get the perspective. The kitchen is done, I love it! The whole interior was gutted at one point or another. I took recent pictures and will post those as soon as I download them. The quality of these last two are bad, taken with my dinosaur camera phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home