Friday, May 06, 2011

Panning the Room, 4th in the series

OK, I'm standing in between the kitchen and the dinning room. I'm rotating around to the right, taking pictures of the whole place. There were once walls separating these rooms and now it is all open. Funny thing about opening it all up, you see how small it really is.

Those paintings on the wall are some of my paintings. Next project is to knock out that wall and reclaim the space behind it. Right now it is the Arizona room (screened in room) and laundry, it goes out to the pool. It only has screen on the windows, I'll have to install windows and that will cost some bucks so it is on hold for now. We replaced all the windows in the whole house and bought expensive ones when we had lots of money. I want to use the same type of windows. That door was the front door originally and the Arizona room was the carport. It took us awhile to figure it out. But once we did it made sense. Why is there a doorbell button in the Arizona room we thought? The previous family that lived here did the switch and put in the original pool where the old driveway was when that was the front of the house.

Look up at the bottom of this picture at the center ^ and the right side, you see little light color spots in a jagged line. Those are the nail holes that held the old walls to the floor. I had to put in this post and a big beam above it when I knocked out the supporting walls here. This is the only part that made me nervous. It is the center spine of the house and holds up the roof. I beefed up the header over the door there and put in a post behind me too. It's an Eichler Ranch house, all the cross walls you can pull out, but the two exterior side walls and the center wall hold everything up.

That door (former front door) is the one I bought to replace the one they had had. It was not solid and was very cheesy. And that is my dog Kody laying on the rug.

Kody, the Wonder Dog, he's Boxer and Greyhound mix, makes a funny little guy. Boxer head with a Greyhound body.

The Geisha painting is also one of mine. The purple wall is in the room that I added on, it's not staying purple though, I'm over it! That's now the front door (trim and finish work still to be done). I have a problem finishing things, which drives my husband nuts. I always seem to feel like starting the next project before finishing the last one. When the previous family reoriented the house, making the front the back and visa versa, they left the sliding Glass doors on and used them as their front doors. ICK! There was a pair of them. Also, you can see, we're not afraid of using COLOR! Just not purple!

Notice the maps of New Zealand on the table, can't seem to put them away yet. Although we've been back for more then a month now. The TV show The Biggest Loser did two episodes in New Zealand. It's fun to see the places that we were just at. They first showed Auckland and then the second week they showed Queenstown. Queenstown was my favorite! We stayed three nights right on the lake and did a zip line and luge while there. It was so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home