Friday, December 23, 2005

What Have You Done to Cecil and Maggie? [3rd installment]

continued from Dec. 21st post............


Work began on the house full-speed-ahead. Walls were being ripped open and some came down. Cecil and Maggie had introduced the Burlys to Brad and Briana, neighbors, who by the way, were in the business of kitchen remodeling. They also had people who did exactly what the boys were looking for, no not sex, construction. Men showed up daily to rip something out, or put something in; O.K. that does sound like sex.
One morning Brad, (with whom sex would be pure fantasy), came in, started working, greeted his friends and workers, then turned to the Burlys and said, "what have you done to Cecil and Maggie"? "What"? "Maggie is trashing you"! "Us"? "Well maybe not trashing you, but you must have done something to piss Miss Maggie off"! "What did she say?" "I don't want to get involved".
The only thing the boys could think of was meeting Sally. Defieing the Blatzs warnings. "I don't think we were supposed to meet Sally. Do you think something's going on?" "Like what?" "Do you remember at their Christmas Party, when Maggie got so drunk, and was waving her finger in people's faces, barking, I'm the king of this hill, and don't you forget it, well at the party, did you meet Eric? He said that he was interested in the property up the hill". Maggie, drunk, screamed, "that's mine!" "Yeah something's up".

The next time that Sally came to the boys' house for dinner, She came in and, proud of herself said, "I own your camel!" One of the Burlys knew immediately what she meant. A bronze camel that was taken up there when Maggie invited the boys, to sell anything they wanted to get rid of at her sale. "You bought it"? "Yeah", Maggie called me and said "get over here now. I am having a garage sale and there is something you'll want"! Again poudly Sally says, "so now it is in my room. Fifty dollars? that's all you wanted for it?" "Fifty? I was only asking thirty dollars, Maggie only gave me thirty". "Wait she charged me forty dollars for something that I later found out was twenty". Ooooooooh, now I smell it, Cecil and his rebate, Maggie over charging Sally and keeping it for herself, then she over charged me. "I think Cecil and Maggie are greedy crooks". Well they said they are republicans. "Oh no! as our neighbors?; where are we? Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore". Well this certainly is not Oz, but there is a wicked witch!

Sally also informed the boys that, for christmas, Miss Maggie wanted a new dinning room table and curio cabinett, that Cecil told Sally that Sally should get it for her. Earlier, at the Blatz's christmas party, which Sally was not even invited, Maggie was showing her new table and cabinett off, but never mentioned the gifts were from Sally.

Whenever the Burlys' drop Sally off at her house after shopping. Maggie calls the boys' and says, "don't take Sally shopping, she can't even afford her own medications." Then how could she afford new furniture for them? Little did the Burlys' know that the gifts were only the tip of the ice berg. The King of this Hill could no longer hide that ugly wart on her nose.

.......to be continued.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

So glad to meet you!
...just saw your picture : )
but it's alittle too far away.
He, He, He...or maybe I should just put my glasses on!
How long was your stay in OSLO?

I can't wait for the next part of your story...Sally!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Blessings!
Hugs!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Mo spaces - mo spaces, I need to be able to copy this for a book I'm thinking of writing...

LOL

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I'm confused, first I like Maggie, then I don't, now I'm thinking Sally might be ok, but then maybe she's lying about Maggie. Can't wait till the next installment !

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home