Thursday, August 10, 2006

OUCH!

Physical therapy what can I say. I know it is for the better, but boy it hurts. My arm has been stuck for so long that the ligaments and tendons are frozen in my shoulder. The therapists are stretching me in ways that haven't been used for a year and a half. My right arm is fine, but the left arm has grown lazy, and I used to be amadextriest. They say that I am making progress, but it is so painful. When they are done with me they ice my shoulder and leave me on the table, where I fall asleep. I think I sleep because of the pain pills that I take before I go in for my session. Even with the pain killers it hurts as they rotate my left arm in ways that the right side can do easily. These therapists are very sweet and kind but I call them my torture masters, and "I'll see you Thursday." The surgeon has said that he can go back in with the orthoscope to free up the ligaments in a couple of months, but the therapists say that they'll do it without orthoscopic surgery. I'm not sure which would be better? At this point, I just got home from therapy, I'm ready to say cut me open again. We'll see, and O.K. I'll stop complaining.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hellr said...

I remember when I fractured my ankle and had to be off my feet for what seemed like an eternity. I was not a happy camper. I don't know about you, but Leo's like to think of ourselves as supermen. So when we're not leaping tall buildings and out running speeding locomotives, it just feels awful. I wish you luck with your recovery. And don't worry...you'll be catching bullets in your teeth in no time.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

if it hurts, then they're doing their job ; )
yes, i know, it hurts...OUCH!

take care!
don't forget to do your exercises!

blessings.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Dieselpump said...

Hey buddy if complaining helps you get through this, then by all means go for it. That's what blogs are good for right?

I hope you're on the mend and feeling better day by day.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home