Monday, May 16, 2011

The Pool, 5th in the series

This is how the back yard looked when we bought the place. The people we bought it from put this pool in. That left side of the house was the carport originally. And before the pool you'd drive up into it from where the pool is now, they closed it off and made it the Arizona Room. The right side of the yard (notice the short little wall) was just dirt and the carport that they used is on the right, you can see the back of their car. Where the fire place is is where I added the new front room.
______________________________________________________

The first spring that we were here. We redid the pool. It was an older pool with chipped plaster and forty years of calcium buildup. We drained it, jackhammered the old decking and had pool guys replaster and strip off the tiles. I removed part of that short little wall to open up the yard some.
_____________________________________________________

They dug new lines for the vacuum and skimmer after I tore down part of the little wall. Just beyond that wall you see is where the new garage is. I tore down that wall too after I built the garage. This was not the fun part for sure! My jackhammer was the best investment!
______________________________________________________

These are our former two dogs, Rocko and Sophia. They are brother and sister (rotten labs, hehe, Rottweiler Labrador mixes). They're gone now and my heart is broken from their absence. They were the best and they loved the pool! We called it Sophia's Pool and Rocko was the lifegaurd. If I'd go to the deep end Rocko would get all nervous and come after me cause of my prosthetic shoulder. Rocko is in the water going after a frisbee and Sophia is egging him on. That Arizona room is right there on the left, you can see the screens that I will remove and put in new windows and a solid door. I put down that patio with pavers, built the shade structure and the table. It's the Orion Patio, done in the shape of the constellation Orion in the night sky. It's pretty cool but I need to weld some angle braces to shore up the posts. I built it after a major accident that I was in and had a head injury, my work suffered from it but you couldn't stop me from keeping on. This winter I plan to redo the whole patio and fix my mess ups!
_____________________________________________________

Here's our newest dog Aleah sitting on the steps. She's a rescue and hates the pool, she is only doing this cause I told her to. She'll let me hold her and carry her around in the water but she holds on for dear life! She is waiting for this picture and then she is out of there! I did the tiles here in the steps when they were plastering. And that is all I did on the pool besides the boulders.
_____________________________________________________

Kody, our other dog is jumping in after his beloved ball. We took out the old dilapidated diving board and put in these boulders for jumping off of into the deep end. After the boulders they came back and put in the new decking

2 Comments:

Blogger Buck said...

That pool looks like it would be VERY inviting, especially with the weather AZ is having now. If I ever come and visit, it will definitely be during the Summer.

Go make use of it and take a dip...let me know how it was.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Rocko said...

Thanks Buck, Right now the water is perfect!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home