Thursday, May 19, 2011

Queenstown

Queenstown was my favorite town in New Zealand. We stayed there for three nights. We rented a very nice apartment right on the lake and loved it! The plan was to have a place to do our laundry midway through the trip. The kitchen was similar to our kitchen here at home so I decided to make dinner on two nights and of course made lamb. One night we discovered a fantastic Chinese Restaurant.
Queenstown is a sportsman's paradise. There is so much to do especially extreme sports. In this picture you can see (just barely) at the top of the mountain behind the town is a building up there and a clearing going down to town. This is a tram that takes you to the top and to all the adventures to explore. We did that. We signed up to do a zip line. I have seen it on TV and have been wanting to do one. Steve says that he will do it too, even though he is afraid of heights. I am surprised he is even willing to do the tram ride up.

My husband getting ready to zip line. He is so nervous! Look at that Stoic expression on his face.Before we got started, Steve said that he needed to go use the restroom back at the main lodge. He took off up the path and it seemed he was gone for a long time. I was convinced he skipped out on me. I asked another guy there to help me search for him. As we looked up the path, there comes Steve walking back down towards us. He Didn't flake out and was going through with it!Here he goes! He is holding on for dear life!I took more chances and went without holding on. I even went upside down on some of them.Here is our sexy guide Dave. Woof! More pictures of him on the next post.
On the top of the mountain we also did a luge ride. Five times each. And I took no pictures of that, not sure why. It was a blast too! We could have Bungee Jumped or even do a Para glide too but that seemed too much. We were exhausted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home