Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tile everywhere!

It's been awhile since I sat down at this computer, I have been tiling . A short time after I got my head back, we decided to tile the guest bathroom. It has been a long time in the works. This was a project that I was working on before the accident, and has been on hold for months. Finishing this, I'm sure, will make me feel a little better. My brother lays tile in California, but he did not want to come to Tucson to help, so I thought I would try it, with his help over the phone if I had any questions. After the accident I was not really able to do it so we hired a tile guy. He was a very nice guy, but when I told him that we wanted to tile the whole bathroom he looked at me like I was crazy. " That would be too busy, just around the shower and behind the sink is what people do in the bathroom" he said. Rusty and I told him that we didn't care, tile the whole room. I already knew what tile I wanted ( hand made Mexican tile ), he figured how much was needed, so off to buy it. It cost quite a lot of money, and he said "see". Well it is what it is.
He did do a great job all the way up to the ceiling, it looks really good, but we have boxes and boxes of tile left over, he says he doesn't know where he went wrong! The tile store will not give me money back, but will let me exchange it for other stuff, so we got a new sink and I would tile the counter. I can do that, but what about the excess tile? I know! I will tile the kitchen back-splash. I told him that I was going to do the bathroom, but I didn't feel up to it when I came out of my ordeal, and I have been watching you. He said that I can use his tile saw. I exchanged some tile, and now the kitchen is very colorful. I love it, I did it, but still have tile left over! How much did he buy? Now I am using tile as a trim around some doors in the hall that have no trim. Back to the tile store to pick something that will work, and it looks good too, kind of moorish. It was a great idea. It was Rusty's idea. When I took the last of the excess tile to exchange, the difference was four dollars, ok that is it, no more, YEA.
Now lets see; the bathroom walls, the new sink and counter, the large kitchen back-splash, and hallway trim, wow did he goof! but it was well worth it, and it did cheer me up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

You've got to post pictures of your tiling projects. Glad that you were able to take on such a task- it's hard work!

I've got pictures at my site-
my two little babies (dogs)...
I also have flickR which M-th-w helped me with : )

Take Care!
Hug!

ps
to get to my site-
click on my name (in blue)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Rocko - Coco is my sister-in-law.. she rocks!.. I'll call you soon and tell you how to add links...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home